Commit bb239984 authored by therealwolf42's avatar therealwolf42
Browse files

updated FAQ & welcome regarding HF21

parent ce1355ee
......@@ -673,8 +673,9 @@ Starting with the network's 16th hard fork in December 2016, Steem began creatin
## <span id="How_are_the_new_tokens_distributed">How are the new tokens distributed?</span>
Out of the new tokens that are generated:
- 75% go to the reward pool, which is split between authors and curators.
- 65% go to the reward pool, which is split between authors (50%) and curators (50%).
- 15% of the new tokens are awarded to holders of Steem Power.
- 10% of the new tokens are being used to generate SBD for the SPS (@steem.dao)
- The remaining 10% pays for the witnesses to power the blockchain.
<a href="#Table_of_Contents_Economics">^</a>
......@@ -708,9 +709,9 @@ Every day, a fixed amount of STEEM tokens are allocated to the network reward fu
<a href="#Table_of_Contents_Economics">^</a>
## <span id="How_is_the_reward_pool_split_between_authors_and_curators">How is the reward pool split between authors and curators?</span>
Up to 25% of a post's payout is awarded to curators (the people who upvoted the post) as a reward for discovering the content. The other 75% is awarded to the author.
Up to 50% of a post's payout is awarded to curators (the people who upvoted the post) as a reward for discovering the content. The other 50% is awarded to the author.
If curators vote for a post within the first 30 minutes of it being created, a portion of their curation reward is added to the author payout. This portion is linear to the age of the post between 0 and 30 minutes. As an example: upvoting at 15 minutes will donate half of your potential curation reward to the author.
If curators vote for a post within the first 5 minutes of it being created, a portion of their curation reward is going back to the reward pool. This portion is linear to the age of the post between 0 and 5 minutes. As an example: upvoting at 15 minutes will donate half of your potential curation reward back to the reward pool.
<a href="#Table_of_Contents_Economics">^</a>
## <span id="Will_the_reward_pool_pay_out_more_or_less_depending_on_who_votes">Will the reward pool pay out more or less depending on who votes?</span>
......@@ -917,9 +918,9 @@ You can view your current voting power using third party tools such as https://s
<a href="#Table_of_Contents_Voting_and_Curating">^</a>
## <span id="What_determines_how_much_of_the_curation_reward_goes_to_the_author_versus_curators">What determines how much of the curation reward goes to the author versus curators?</span>
The rewards are allocated so that 75% of the payout goes to the author of the post/comment, and 25% goes to the curator.
The rewards are allocated so that 50% of the payout goes to the author of the post/comment, and 50% goes to the curator.
Of the 25% that goes to the curator, that portion will be split between the author and the curator if the curator votes within the first 30 minutes. The split of the 25% between the author and curator during the first 30 minutes is calculated linearly based on the time the vote is cast.
Of the 50% that goes to the curator, that portion will be split between the author and the curator if the curator votes within the first 5 minutes. The split of the 50% between the author and curator during the first 5 minutes is calculated linearly based on the time the vote is cast.
- If a post is upvoted the moment of posting, 100% of the curation reward goes to the author.
- At 3 minutes, 90% goes to the author and 10% to the curator.
......
......@@ -194,7 +194,7 @@ Payouts are made 7 days after the post/comment is created. You can claim your re
The projected payments may fluctuate (up and down) until the final payment amount is reached.
Payments for posts are split between the author (at least 75%) and the curators (up to 25%).
Payments for posts are split between the author (at least 50%) and the curators (up to 50%).
The author reward is paid 50% in Steem Power and 50% in STEEM/SBD by default.
......
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment